The Revelstoke Fire Department was established in 1892. Today, Revelstoke Fire Rescue Services is comprised of eight career staff and 35 volunteer firefighters. The career staff includes one fire chief
, one fire inspector / assistant chief, one training officer / assistant chief, one dispatcher / clerk, and four career firefighters.
We will be a leader in emergency services in our community. We will be a diverse workforce that provides quality fire and life safety services through proactive and innovative training, education, code enforcement, risk assessment, and community involvement. We will be vigilant, brave, and prepared.
- We will continue to build trust and credibility through our actions and a caring attitude.
- We believe that people are the most valuable resource.
- We believe that pride, pursuit of excellence, and commitment to our community is of paramount importance.
- We value progressive, positive leadership with a vision towards the future and with a commitment to the development of all staff, career, and volunteer firefighters.
- We will be accountable to those we serve by being fiscally responsible.
- We will be professional in all our actions.
- We will diligently watch over ourselves, our family, and our community.
- We recognize that every firefighter is a valued member of the department's family and that what affects one, affects all.
- We shall strive to promote safety, health, and welfare at all times.
- We are sensitive and responsive to our community needs and will strive to be an integral part of our community.
- We will enthusiastically complete all tasks safely and with detailed perseverance.
- We will remain skilled, knowledgeable, and ready to serve.
- We believe that training and education are the foundation to our service.
- We will treat all persons with respect, compassion, dignity, and tolerance.