The City of Revelstoke Animal Control and Licensing bylaw sets out general animal and backyard chicken regulations, dog license requirements, municipal pound / shelter functions, kennel restrictions, and overall enforcement of the bylaw.
For animal control bylaw issues or complaints, please call (250) 837-4747.
Any dog that lives within City Limits must be registered and have a Dog Tag through the City of Revelstoke. For the Dog License Application CLICK HERE
Residents can apply to keep up to 5 backyard chickens. The application package is available via the links below. Please submit a $25 one time permit fee with your application. Potential owners need to be educated on the proper care, maintenance and reduction of wildlife attractants by fencing and securing feed not accessible by wildlife/other animals.
For the Guidelines CLICK HERE
For the Application CLICK HERE
For the Registration CLICK HERE
To read about Bird Health Basics CLICK HERE
What if a bear was spotted in your neighbourhood?
Revelstoke Bear Aware website and contact information
- For the Animal Control and Licensing Bylaw select "1758 Animal Control and Licensing - Consolidated Copy" from the alphabetically listed City of Revelstoke Bylaws.
10:00 am - 4:00 pm Saturday and Sunday
- City of Revelstoke Municipal Pound / Shelter
- Before visiting the municipal pound, please call (250) 837-4747
- The pound is located at the back of the City of Revelstoke Public Works Operation yard:
1200 E. Victoria Rd. You MUST check in first at the Public Works Office between the hours of 7:30 am and 3:30 pm
- Pound / Shelter Hours of Operation:
8:00 am - 4:00 pm Mon/Tues/Wed/Fri
8:00 am - 2:00 pm Thur