Bylaw Complaint Intake


Bylaw complaints may be made by telephone, email, online, in person or in writing to the Administration Department. (See contact information below.) You must identify yourself when making the complaint; the City will not accept anonymous complaints. Please be prepared to provide your name, address and telephone number to the Bylaw Enforcement personnel. The City keeps the identity of every complainant confidential unless the complainant has agreed to be identified.

When Filing a Bylaw Complaint

Please be prepared to provide as much detail as possible about the complaint:

  • address of the property involved
  • date and time when the violation was first observed
  • detailed description of the violation
  • motor vehicle violations require a description of the motor vehicle and licence plate identification if possible

Reporting Methods

   Attn: Bylaw Enforcement
   City of Revelstoke
   P.O. Box 170
   Revelstoke, BC V0E 2S0

For Animal Control Bylaw complaints that require immediate action, please call (250) 837-4747.