A Community Enhancement Initiative...
All grassroots creative individuals welcome! Banner painting is extremely easy to do especially with the guidance of our on-site artists who will help coordinate and advise you. This is a great creative activity for adults, children, non-profit organizations and businesses.
Banners are installed once the winter seasonal banners are taken down, in early spring 2020, and are displayed until the following December. Banners are displayed on city streets for everyone to enjoy.
2020: Highlight your creative talents and celebrate the 135th Anniversary of the completion of the Canadian Pacific Railway.
Important Information for Participants:
This year’s Banner Program is all about the railway. Criteria for this year’s banner program is as follows:
- The main focus of the banner must illustrate trains, railroads, the last spike being driven.
- Be creative! Try to think of different ideas or ways to present your ideas but keep it on theme
- Receipts must be presented at the Revelstoke Visual Arts Centre upon arrival to paint the banner.
- The size of your design is to measure 4.5 inches by 9 inches.
- Keep the design simple and large for a more effective display. Banners are viewed from a distance and detail can be lost.
- Painting dates & times are scheduled upon registration. If you need to confirm or change your time, please call us at 250-837-9351.
IMPORTANT – Your design MUST be transferred on to the Mylar you have been provided with using a permanent sharpie marker before you go to the Revelstoke Visual Arts Centre. Four painters an hour will be scheduled to trace designs on to the banners. To keep the program running smoothly and on time, it is critical for painters to come on time and prepared.
Once the banners are taken down, they are delivered to the Revelstoke Community Centre. The contact name and number given at registration will be called for banner pick up.
REMEMBER TO SIGN YOUR BANNER!
Banner Painting takes place at the Visual Arts Centre located at 320 Wilson St.
Business - $150.00
Adults and NFP - $70.00
Children - $60.00
2019 Painting Dates:
- Children - Oct. 19: 10am-5pm / Oct. 25: 10am-5pm / Nov. 1: 10am-5pm
- Adults - Oct. 16/17: 5:30pm-9pm / Oct 23/24: 5:30pm-9pm
- Business - Nov. 4-7: Monday (4th) 5:30pm-9:00pm, Tuesday (5th) 5:30pm-9:00pm,
Wednesday (6th) 10:00am-5:00pm, Thursday (7th) 12:00pm-4:00pm