- City Services
Please note, due to the current climate with COVID-19, the City of Revelstoke has taken some precautionary measures including closure of facilities for public access. All departments remain available via email or phone. Please visit our Alert Centre and COVID-19 Service Update pages for more details and updates on the situation.
The Engineering Department is responsible for planning, designing, budgeting, and administering the city’s infrastructure, which includes, but is not limited to, roads, sidewalks, traffic control, sanitary sewer, and storm drainage.
Headed by the Director of Engineering and Public Works, the Engineering Department works closely with other departments and the City Council to ensure that Revelstoke remains a safe and attractive community for everyone.
Some of the work we do includes:
- Acting as a liaison with other levels of government, utility service providers, and community groups on engineering issues
- Collecting data on the city's infrastructure for analysis and inventory
- Designing and coordinating the construction of both new and upgraded works for the city’s infrastructure
- Supplying long- and short-term planning for the extension and upgrading of municipal works and services to accommodate population growth and to ensure public safety and reliability of the works
- Supplying long-term and annual capital works budgets for the City Council’s review and approval